The Republic of Armenia’s Office of the High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs and the Ministry of High-Tech Industry present: NerUzh 2.0 Diaspora Startup Program
NerUzh is the Armenian word for potential, and the Neruzh Diaspora Startup Program aims to bring the vast potential of the Armenian Diaspora (7 million strong living outside Armenia in countries across the globe) to participate in the advancement of Armenia by founding their startup in the country.
Diaspora entrepreneurs of Armenian descent are invited to apply with their startup. Winning teams will be invited to repatriate to Armenia and receive grants ranging from $15,000-$30,000 plus entrepreneurial support to grow their ventures in Armenia.
The program launch will take place in Armenia with a 4-day event from December 16th – 20th, 2019 at UWC Dilijan.
The 4-day event will:
- Convene Diaspora startups from around the globe in Dilijan, Armenia
- Familiarize the startups with the advantages of growing their business in Armenia
- Create opportunities for networking and collaboration with local partners and industry leaders
- Offer individualized mentorship, support and networks
- Integrate diaspora ventures into Armenia’s dynamic startup ecosystem
- Culminate in a pitching competition for monetary prizes
The target sectors of the Program include:
- Social Tech